Friday, July 11, 2008

Proverbs 2

Lord help me to discern the knowledge and wisdom in what you have for me to learn.I praise you and thank you for this opportunity to grow closer to you and closer to my family. In your name I pray, Amen.

Proverbs 2: 10-11
"When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, Discretion will preserve you;Understanding will keep you."

Using your brain instead of your emotions will keep you whole and preserve your peace. So before you yell at your babies, think about why they did what they did and act accordingly. Did they spill the mild because they've been asking you for some for 30 minutes and you keep saying just a minute? Is it really their fault? Or could you have prevented it by taking 5 minutes to get them a drink? I only ask this because I myself am having to take a long hard look at my reaction to my kids and I realize that a lot of strife in my home is my own making. It's time to change. Time to grow up.

No comments: