Thursday, July 24, 2008

Proverbs 10

Lord, Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and for the wisdom that you have bestowed upon me lately. I eagerly await your voice speaking to my heart. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins."
Proverbs 10:17 "He who keeps instruction is in the way of life, But he who refuses correction goes astray."

What I have taken from this chapter is that wisdom and knowledge will bring you life and prosperity. Being hateful and mean will only cause death and destruction. Staying calm, using kindness and speaking in love will go a long way to help keep life peaceful and keep those around you feeling loved and wanted.I have a lot of work to do in order to keep my mouth in check. I often, really often let anger control my words. It is a horrible thing. Using my new found wisdom I hope to pay better attention to what I am going to say when I get mad. I guess I'll go back to my other saying "Stop. Breath. Think." As in think before I speak.

No comments: