Thursday, July 31, 2008

Proverbs 12

Lord, I come to you humble as ever. I come with an open heart and soul and a willingness to listen. In Your Name I Pray, Amen

Proverbs 12:4 "An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones"
I have been struggling with this. With doing things that a wife and mother should do and not just what I want to do. This verse really hit home. As a wife who loves her husband I need to do things to make his life easier. Because more stress will just eat away at his health.

Proverbs 12:11 "He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding"
Another thing that speaks to my heart. To do what is expected of me and needed of me and not just play around. I am in need of growing up.

Proverbs 12:18 "There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health."
My criticisms and hateful words wound just as much as if I were to do that person physical harm. I must think before I speak and try to never speak in anger.

Proverbs 12:25 "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad."
Say a prayer when anxiety threatens to take hold. For anxiety only causes you to sink deeper into a black hold that will hold you down until you struggle and claw your way back out.

No comments: