Monday, August 25, 2008

Proverbs 19

Lord, I come to you humble and alone. Even though my family is large, I have distanced myself from them. I ask for your guidance and instruction as I read your word. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

Proverbs 19:1 "Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool."
This is something that I noticed in the last few chapters. God is really pressing the issue of integrity upon me. I must become a woman of integrity before I can move forward.

Proverbs 19:11 "The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory is to overlook a transgression."
We have a choice. We can make the choice to become angry or to remain calm.

Proverbs 19:15 "Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger."
Have you ever noticed how the less you move the more tired you feel? That's me. The longer I sit the more tired and listless I feel. As for being idle and hungry, does the term couch potato ring a bell? How many of these truths do we already know but we refuse to acknowledge?

Pray to the Lord for guidance and he will show you a multitude of things. Remember that those without wisdom are the ones who are quick to anger and who are ready to constantly put people down and belittle them. I am just as guilty as the next person. But I don't want to be that person any more and now I have the knowledge staring me in the face so I can no longer play dumb.

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Shelly, the part about laziness hit home. In spite of my age, I am extremely busy between caregiving and other obligations. Still, I have chunks of time that could be used. Instead, I tell myself I am tired and need to rest in between tasks. Am I really tired? Or is it an excuse? Your post tonight really makes me look at myself and I need to face some issues. I need to pray for the wisdom to know the difference between a real need to rest and a false need to rest. Thank you for this.
Hugs
Evie
http://www.evelynmayfield.com/BPPBLtr.html