Thursday, August 7, 2008

Proverbs 14

Lord, I come to you in a time of need. I am stretched thin and in a bit of a confused state. I pray for clarity, for my mind to be unfuzzy, for my spirit to be open and for my mouth to only speak good, wonderful, praiseworthy words. I pray for you to take away the spiteful tongue that has taken root in my mouth and seems to only tear down those around me. I thank you for my wonderful family and pray that you will give my husband strength to make it through each day. I pray that he will be rewarded for his hard work. Help me to be an efficient helpmate.

Proverbs 14:1 "The wise woman builds her house, the foolish woman pulls it down with her hands."

My take: I have been struggling with the motivation to keep my house up to certain standards and now I see that it is unwise to allow my home to fall by the wayside no matter what comes my way.

Proverbs 14:16-18 (16)"A wise man hears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident. (17) A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man of wicked intentions is hated. (18) The simple inherit folly, But the prudent are crowned with knowledge."

Proverbs 14:23 "In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty."

Proverbs 14:29-30 "He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. A sound heart is life to the body, But envy is rottenness to the bones."

All I have to say is ask and you shall receive. I try to write the prayers as I say them and before I read the chapter. It never ceases to amaze me how God puts the prayer in my heart and then lays the answer before me. I have been struggling to get my anger and yelling under control. It has gone on long enough and I have realized that it has been controlling me and not me controlling it. I get it now. Only fools yell and scream. (That's my take on it.) God wants us to stop and think before we act so that we act wisely and not foolishly.

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Oh, how wise and wonderful your post was, especially the part about how "only fools yell and scream." I absolutely MUST take this to heart, and try to change my ways. I love to think of myself as a peacemaker, but for too long, I've infected my loved ones with my agitation.
Thanks for this one.
Hugs
Evie