Thursday, August 21, 2008

Proverbs 18

Lord, I come to you humble. I am at your mercy and I know that you are the one that meets our needs. I pray many blessings and forgiveness on those that I feel anger toward. I know that I must forgive them for my sake if not forget what they do. I ask for you to teach me with your word. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

Again I was overwhelmed with the number of verses that spoke to me. I shall simply list them. Proverbs 18:1-2,8-10,21

I am constantly asking for alone time, seeing as how I am the mom of 4 kids, I have come to realize recently that I am alone. Not in the physical form, but in the emotional form. I am not connected to my family. I often feel as if it is them against me. However, I still speak angrily and sometimes downright ugly even to my 1 year old. This is going to stop. I took a look at my behavior (after reading this proverb). I looked at me as if a stranger looking at my family. And do you know what? I was appalled. There is no other word for it. Ok, you can add shocked, hurt, disturbed. After studying over this past month I have come to learn that I must go to the Lord with my troubles, that no one can change my world except me and God, and that my words are weapons. You would think that as a writer I would know that already. But it has taken a good spiritual slap in the face to really get me to see it. The one word that has been plaguing my last few days of study is: integrity.

Integrity: steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code; completeness, unity

Have you ever examined your life through a stranger's eyes? It's a brand new experience.

No comments: