Friday, August 8, 2008

Proverbs 15

Lord, Help me to be the woman you want me to be. Teach me the way that I need to change. I open my heart, my mind, and my soul to you. I want to become moldable and teachable so that I may change and therefore create change in the life that I lead. In Your Name I Pray, Amen

Proverbs 15:1-2 "A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh tongue stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness."

My take: Speaking in soft tones (not yelling) and choosing your words(not just speaking in anger) will help to keep the situation calm and help us to effectively communicate with others. If we yell and scream and say whatever we feel like then the person or persons that we're yelling at will only become angry with us and nothing gets solved.

Proverbs 15:4 "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life. But perverseness in it breaks the spirit."
Proverbs 15:12-13 "A scoffer does not love one who corrects him, Nor will he go to the wise. A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness."

My take: If we speak with kindness, wisdom and a content heart then people will actually seek out our guidance. If we are rude, nasty and make judgemental or foolish comments then people will not want to be around us.

Proverbs 15:18 "A wrathful man stirs up strife, But he who is slow to anger allays contention."
Proverbs 15:28 "The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil."

My take: Someone (like me right now) who gets angry easily and then starts yelling and screaming like a crazy person only creates more anger and confusion and resentment. But those who have patience (like I am striving for right now) and chooses their words carefully will not only live in a more peaceful atmosphere, but they will be a leader for those around them.

These scriptures have been speaking to me a great deal. One of my biggest obstacles is my anger and temper. Once I can control that, then other aspects of my life will be a great deal easier.

No comments: