Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Following God's Plan

God had to set me straight once again. I was so excited about this writing job that I had applied for. Finally a regular paying job that paid me once a week. Alright, go me!

Then came the news, Sorry you're not the quality writer we're looking for. OUCH! That was a kick in the butt. And the ego. So then I'm back to square one and could have used the money. My book isn't exactly flying off the shelves.

So I began praying about it and WHAM! God informed me that there will be time for that later. Right now is the time to get my family in order and focus on my fiction writing career. I'm still adjusting. I REALLY wanted to be bringing in some money to pay off our debt. But that's not the plan. And I have to follow God's plan if this writing career is going to work.

I am praying everyday that I will follow God's will and not my own. It's a little easier when I pray about it.

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Shelly, I will pray with you, my friend. Moving at God's pace can be frustrating at times because we cannot see the end of that road ahead. We don't know where we are headed. Like you, I pray for guidance while I live life as I hope he wants me to live it. And, like you, I find that praying helps me to wait it out. So sorry about the job, but sometimes what we think is the right one, turns out to not be so. I like to think of those times as times when God is busy picking out the right thing for me, his will, not mine. Thank you for reminding me of this.
Hugs
Evie