Saturday, September 20, 2008

proverbs 24

Father God, I love and adore you. Thank you for your many words of wisdom. Thank you for your guidance. I come to you today in search of your truth and ask you to speak to my heart once again. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Proverbs 24:3-4 "Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; By knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches."
Our foundation should be built upon God's wisdom. We need to fill our minds and our homes with knowledge. We need to continue to learn and grow. Change is hard. It really sucks sometimes. But it is essential to our lives and our lively hood.

Proverbs 24:5-6, 14,17-18,29-32
As you increase your knowledge then your strength increases. I think this goes for mental and physical things. As you increase your mental knowledge then you are more prepared for situations that life throws at you. We are slower to anger, slower to judge, able to assess a situation from a more calm and informed prospective. Just like as you increase your knowledge about health you make healthier decisions and your physical body becomes stronger. There are studies after studies about people that were ill or thought that their better days were over that after some education and applying the right methods they are healthier than they were ten or even twenty years ago.

Do not rejoice in the downfall of our enemies. Instead pray for them. (it will help you as well as them). I know that asking for God to bless them is a hard thing to do and you're thing "I don't wanna!" But praying for them will bring you peace. At first it may seem to be just lip service as you mumble "God bless so and so." But eventually it will get easier. Trust me, I prayed for my ex after my divorce (which was after his affair) It stinks at first but after awhile you will feel at peace and the pain will go away.

No comments: