Monday, September 15, 2008

Proverbs 21

Lord, Enter my heart and give me the words that you need me to hear. Give me the guidance so that I may serve you better. In your name I pray, Amen

Proverbs 21:4, 5, 17,22,23,25

Once again wisdom prevails in the Proverbs. In this chapter I have learned that being haughty and proud are a sin (or should I say I am reminded of that). Being patient leads to great abundance-if you rush things then you will be poor. The old saying "All good things come to those who wait" comes to mind.
If you love pleasure, wine, money,etc. you will not be rich. If you love the Lord you will gain many riches.
Above all be wise, guard your mouth. Think before you speak. Work diligently at the job that God has given you. If it to work outside the home then do the best job you can do, regardless if you enjoy it or not. If you work inside the home then take it seriously. Keep a schedule and/or list of "jobs" to be done daily and DO THEM. I say this because I have not taken my stay-at-home job seriously enough and it has caused me great heartache in my marriage, with my children, with my family, and with myself. I pray that you may be able to find something helpful in these words and learn from them.

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Thank you for this, Shelley. Especially for the part about taking our jobs seriously, even if they are stay-at-home tasks like my caregiving obligations. I need to be more devoted to doing the Lord's work and stop complaining and whining so much, even though I try to not do it aloud. This is a wonderful post.
Hugs and prayers
Evie